[Openswan Users] Unrecognized option --xauthserver

David Burrow dnburrow at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 08:22:32 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Openswan 2.4.6 to receive connections from the
Cisco VPN Client using IPSEC and XAUTH.  I have a working L2TP/IPSEC
setup, and tried adding the leftxauthserver=yes and
rightxauthclient=yes to my conn block, when restarting I get the
following error:

Jun 22 07:15:13 rooter ipsec__plutorun: /usr/lib/ipsec/whack:
unrecognized option `--xauthserver'

I'm running SuSE linux 10, and I've tried using the rpm included with
SuSE and removing that package and compiling and installing myself
form a source package (openswan-2.4.6rc1.tar.gz) obtained from
openswan.org, as I read that XAUTH was disabled by default.  Just a
side-note: Unless I'm reading the Makefile.inc incorrectly, XAUTH IS
enabled by default here, as USE_XAUTH? true is already set in that
file, but it's definitely possible I'm reading the make file
incorrectly), and in both cases I get the above error, what am I doing
incorrectly?

--
David Burrow
Mobile: (801)755-3375