[Openswan Users] dynamic IP configuration?

Snitgen, John John.Snitgen at tnsi.com
Wed Jun 14 15:09:36 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have a working Openswan to Cisco IPSec configuration that uses a static IP address on both ends of the tunnel, which is established over PPP.  I am trying to modify that working configuration so that the Openswan end ('left side' in this case) can use a dynamic IP, which is also NAT'd, as the left tunnel endpoint.  The connection is initiated from the left side once PPP is established on the left side in my current config.
Is this possible, or would the connection now need to be initiated from the right side, since 'right=%any' is required for NAT-T?  I'm lost, any help or examples of configurations that use a dynamically assigned PPP IP address would be much appreciated.

Linux 2.6.14.4, Openswan 2.4.4

Thanks,
John

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information of Transaction NetworkServices.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution isprohibited.  If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact thesender by reply e-mail and