[Openswan Users] Openswan + OCF problem

Henri Bragge herb_more at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 15 09:18:37 CEST 2006

I'm trying to make a VPN connection between two workstations with OCF-based
Hifn 7955 hw acceleration. I think the OCF-hifn part works fine (not sure
though), but I get no certainty if the Openswan really uses OCF or not.

I have Debian on kernel 2.4.32, Openswan 2.4.5rc6 with OCF patches, and of
course OCF with required patches (from
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=133575&package_id=146696).

So the problem is that simple ftp transfer over the VPN gives the same
download speed with OCF enabled and disabled. What should the ipsec module
show with lsmod? Should it show "used by ocf" or something? Now it seems to
be unused. Not 100% sure if the OCF-Hifn part (ocf using hifn7751 module)
part works either.

Thanks!