[Openswan Users] Fedora kernel issues

Rob Clive rob at r2g2.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 09:59:15 CEST 2006

> Ah, I use netkey, so the problem may only occur with netkey.
Sorry but 2.6.16-1.2111_FC4  works fine here with netkey.  As did 2069 &
2096 before it.  I did have a problem when upgrading to 2069 but that
turned out to be an XP client config file error.  ICMP but no TCP suggests
an iptables problem to me but then, what do I know? :-)

> Matthew
>
> Quoting Giovani Moda - MR Informática <giovani at mrinformatica.com.br>:
>
> > I currently use 2.6.16-2108_FC4. It works OK. But I use KLIPS, not netkey.
> >
> > Giovani Moda
> >

> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> Are there any Fedora users out there who can use a kernel version
> >> greater than 2.6.15-1.1833_FC4 with openswan? With the yum
> >> repository  no longer being maintained (despite being prominently
> >> advertised on http://www.openswan.com/code ), I now need to create
> >> my own RPM  packages for openswan, but this doesn't seem to be the
> >> problem, as I  can use various versions of openswan (including the
> >> latest one)  successfully, but I can't use a newer kernel without
> >> problems.
> >>
> >> As mentioned in a previous post, with this bug there are no error
> >> messages from openswan, and it appears to operate correctly. I can
> >>  ping hosts through tunnels, but when I try to make any sort of TCP
> >>   connection it fails.

Rob Clive
R2G2 Controls Ltd, Cirencester, Glos. GL7 7BA UK
< Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of >