[Openswan Users] Openswan to freeswan error

Potato Chip jc-openswan at jline.com
Mon Jun 5 07:31:48 CEST 2006

I have a tunnel between an openswan gateway and a freeswan gateway that
just stops sending packets from openswan to freeswan. Once I send a
packet from the freeswan side back to the openswan gateway, then the
tunnel comes back alive again.

The route and "ipsec auto --status" all seems to show the tunnel is
okay, however, no pings or connections ever succeed from openswan to
freeswan, until I can send a packet in the reverse direction.

Has anyone seen this symptom and can give me guidance? Thanks,

Jae