[Openswan Users] Help KLIPS

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Jul 27 20:58:21 CEST 2006

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Matt Reeve wrote:

> > I rana test compile on an fc5 intel box just before posting, and it worked
> > for me. Are you sure you tested 2.4.6rc3? Did you change anything in
> > Makefile.inc? Are you compiling on non-32bits?
> >
> > Paul
> >
> Yes, definitely rc3 and no modifications to Makefile.inc or anything else. My
> box is a 64-bit AMD but this particular FC5 installation is at 32 bit. Did you
> have all the updates on yours, I think there was a gcc version released after
> FC5 core which came down on yum (as well as new kernels and so on of course)

One of my servers was indeed not up to date. It was still using glibc-devel-2.4-4
instead of glibc-devel-2.4-8.

On Fedora Core 5, glibc-devel-2.4-8's sys/queue.h file changed from version 8.3
to version 8.5. The macro LIST_INSERT_HEAD changed and got an extra while()
loop around it, without a trailing ";", breaking our call in server.c that
depended on the previous behaviour of the macro expanding to an if statement
that ended with a ";". As a workaround for this glibc bug, I added an ";" to the
LIST_INSERT_HEAD macro call.

We will release 2.4.6rc4 in the next few hours.