[Openswan Users]

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Jul 27 00:02:49 CEST 2006

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Tim P wrote:

> My CA cert and crl are in place as is the cert for the remote host and my
> client host.  This error is on the client host.  I am able to connect with

Perhaps the windows OAKLEY.LOG provides more information?

> 108 "roadwarrior" #1: STATE_MAIN_I3: sent MI3, expecting MR3
> 003 "roadwarrior" #1: ignoring informational payload, type
> INVALID_KEY_INFORMATION

> config setup
>        interfaces=%defaultroute
>        nat_traversal=yes
>        klipsdebug=all
>        plutodebug=all

remove those debug lines please.

> conn %default
>        keyingtries=1
>        compress=yes
>        authby=rsasig
>        leftrsasigkey=%cert
>        rightrsasigkey=%cert
>
> conn roadwarrior-net
>        left=subnet=192.168.8.0/255.255.255.0
>        also=roadwarrior
>
> conn roadwarrior
>        left=remotehost.dyndns.org
>        leftcert=remotehost.pem
>        right=%defaultroute
>        rightcert=clienthost.pem
>        auto=add
>        pfs=yes

What are you trying to setup? It seems this is a configuration for
a regular IPsec tunnel, not for L2TP as you said you were trying to
use?

If you are trying to use l2tp, see the examples in /etc/ipsec.d/examples/