[Openswan Users] The 'probably' old overlapped subnets trouble

Fabio Viero fviero at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 18:47:35 CEST 2006

Hi list.

I´ve been searching through google, through the lists and have tried a
lot of stuff (with IPTABLES) to get around the problem of overlapped
subnets in an OpenSWAN VPN tunnel.

The setup is very simple:

I need that packets originating from private network 10.1.1.0/16 with
destination private net 172.27.2.0/24 appear coming from
10.52.41.0/24.

Just a note. I know you may be wondering "but why, the subnets are
different?!?". I explain: the company at the right side
(172.27.2.0/24) is a government company with a lot of subnet adressess
and probably one of wich is that 10.1.1.0/16 range. It´s like if they
said: "We reserved the 10.52.41.0/24 range for you on our CISCO 3000
VPN and we´d love that your private network was something like
it...well you now have a problem. Fix it". Got it?

I tried some iptables NETMAP...but no lucky...

Before going into further details i would like to know if anyone could
help by knowing what i have been telling you till now. Any help would
be really appreciatted.

Thanks in advance.

Fabio Viero
Porto Alegre - RS - Brasil