[Openswan Users] MTU problems

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Mon Jul 17 00:13:37 CEST 2006

Hi There,

It seems MTU problems abound with VPN over openswan, MTU problems that I
didn't get when I ran Freeswan.

I have to manually set the MTU on all windows 2003 servers and Linux
boxes so that they can communicate over the openswan tunnel between sites.

I am setting it to 1492.  I never had to do this when I ran redhat 9 and
freeswan.

Running Centos 4.3 and open swan after a firewall machine upgrade has
introduced these MTU issues.

Is there a fix, am I doing  something wrong?  The only change has been
the upgrade to Centos 4.3 and Openswan....

Hope someone can shed some light on this...

thanks in advance

Pete

dangerous content by the Enhancion system Scanner
and is believed to be clean.
http://www.enhancion.net