[Openswan Users] Just a question on feasibility.

Fusi Enrico Maria e.fusi at reply.it
Tue Jul 11 10:35:52 CEST 2006

Hello All,

i have just a question on feasibility due i'm about to evaluate to use
openswan to connect several Linux
machines (so called Road-Warrior) to a partner company network using
Openswan instead of the Cisco Vpn Client.
This is because Cisco Client looks like a crappy piece of code, giving
problems of mouse weirdness with Xorg ,and so on.

I was unable to make it works because we get an "very proprietary" cisco
config from the company peer,
(and the peer wants not to support Openswan) so i would like to
understand if it's feasibile.

The pcf file supplied looks like this:

[main]
Description=blahblah
Host=10.11.12.13
AuthType=1
GroupName=blahlblah
GroupPwd=
enc_GroupPwd=a long long string here
ISPConnectType=0
ISPConnect=
ISPPhonebook=
ISPCommand=
Username=username
SaveUserPassword=1
UserPassword=password
enc_UserPassword=
NTDomain=
EnableBackup=1
BackupServer=34.45.56.67
EnableMSLogon=1
MSLogonType=0
EnableNat=1
TunnelingMode=1
TcpTunnelingPort=10000
CertStore=0
CertName=
CertPath=
CertSubjectName=
CertSerialHash=00000000000000000000000000000000
SendCertChain=0
PeerTimeout=90
EnableLocalLAN=1

Do you know (i mean: you already seen) configurations like this to work
with openswan?

thanks in advance,

Enrico Fusi