[Openswan Users]

lizhong lizhong at ncic.ac.cn
Mon Jul 10 15:41:09 CEST 2006

Hi,  Jacco de Leeuw:

In fact, I am just testing Openswan + L2TPD between two machines in the same
subnets., for now I can not get the access control of the subnet's gateway.
So in this situation, can not Openswan +L2TPD work ? Thank u!

--
Lizhong
Institute of Computing Technology, Chinese Academy of Scientces

lizhong wrote:

> I am a beginner of Openswan.I tried to connect my openswan server on a
> machine running linux from another machine running windows XP, and the
> error message 31 was generated by windows.

Is 31 a typo? I cannot find a reference to it anywhere. What is the exact
error message (number and text)?

> conn L2TP-TEST
>         left=192.168.10.2
> [lns default]
> ip range = 192.168.10.128-192.168.10.254 local ip = 192.168.10.3

"left=" and "local ip="/"ip range=" must be in different subnets.
(Unless perhaps the VPN server is located behind a NAT router, but that does
not appear to be the case because NAT is disabled in your configuration).

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl

Users at openswan.org
Building and Integrating Virtual Private Networks with Openswan: