[Openswan Users] Which 2.6 kernel?

Oliver Tomkins oliver.tomkins at alliedvehicles.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 13:40:09 CET 2006

Hi there,

Been having a small but annoying problem.

Remote users seem to be able to connect/disconnect fine.

However, if the connection is left idle it appears to automatically
disconnect and they are not able to reconnect until a reboot/restart on
the ipsec/l2tpd server.

Following this type of disconnection I can also see outbound traffic
(isakmp) from the VPN server to the client although the client has
disconnected.

I'm using Fedora Core 4 (2.6.14-1.1656_FC4), Netkey and Openswan U2.4.4.

 From having a quick look through here it appears there are problems
with the kernel shipped with Fedora and  I should use a vanilla kernel?

Is there a preferred version of the 2.6 kernel for use with Openswan?

Thanks,

Olly.

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Allied Vehicles cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.
For details of our products and services please visit our website at www.alliedvehicles.co.uk