[Openswan Users] VPN and Samba

Paulino Reyes paulinomreyes at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 20:10:57 CET 2006

i tried changing the mtu size by lowering it but  still the speed of my application reading its database is horribly  slow...wins is working..i could map drives using hostnames already...i  could even do large file transfer but it really take some time to  finish it...the speed of the other side is 768kbps and the other line  is 512 kbps...

Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:  On Sat, 24 Dec 2005, Paulino Reyes wrote:

>  I successfully setup a vpn connection to connect our 2 campuses  network..checking intranet mail server is fast and ok as well as other  web application..the problem is when i try to access a file server, the  response is too slow,i already have a wins server configured...ive read  something about mtu/txquelen but how do i get to fix it?

First determine whether WINS/lookups are the problem or not. Use ping with various packet sizes. try
tcp clamping. try changing the mtu on the ethX interfaces involved.