[Openswan Users] Basic question: should I use Openswan?

Roman Dergam lists at intu.cz
Tue Jan 24 12:58:10 CET 2006

Thanks for the advice. I have meanwhile given up: I thought maybe it is really
an overkill as someone suggested on the list and I went to try "port knocking"
as kindly suggested by someone else. I also thought that as an intermediate
user this is perhaps well beyond my scope. I am a translator, not an IT
professional.

While I tried "port knocking", I realised that although it is wonderfully
easy, it seems not as secure. So here I am, resubscribed and about to try to
set up openswan again.

I have changed my iptables according to your advice.

Roman Dergam