[Openswan Users] Can IPsec protect Raw socket packet?

Chen, Kai (Kai) kaichen at lucent.com
Fri Jan 20 10:06:37 CET 2006

Hi=A3=ACPaul,

Thanks for you reply.

I have setup an IPsec tunnel between ends A and B. I used ping to test
whether the tunnel had been setup properly. I found that the ICMP =
packets
were protected by ESP.

Now, I have an application which transmit data via raw socket(which is =
one
type of transport layer protocols(STREAM--TCP, DATAGRAM--UDP, RAW =
SOCKET)).
For it is transparent to IP, it should be protected by IPsec from A to =
B.
But it does not.

Thanks,

-Kai