[Openswan Users] overlapping networks with nat-t

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Thu Jan 19 13:07:56 CET 2006

 >>>NetBIOS packets with embedded IP information in the
 >>>NetBIOS header).

You might want to take a look at this:
http://www.unix.org.ua/orelly/networking_2ndEd/fire/ch14_03.htm

NETBT is what you are describing here, personally I would not want
network neighbourhood browser traffic going over WAN links from each
client on the LAN, you would use WINS servers with replication partners
to facilitate this, clogging up WAN tunnels with this traffic would
impact performance severely on networks with a large number of clients.
Using WINS servers elminates this....

P.