[Openswan Users] config to talk to device with aes, sha, psk

Brendan Simon Brendan at BrendanSimon.com
Sat Jan 7 15:58:37 CET 2006

Thanks Peter.  That's exactly what I wanted, but it still didn't work.
I googled for a while and found the "ipseck whack --status" command.  It
seems to suggest that aes256 is not supported or can't be loaded.

000 "host178":   ESP algorithms wanted: 12_256-2, flags=-strict
000 "host178":   ESP algorithms loaded: 12_256-2, flags=-strict

lsmod reveals that the aes module is loaded.

Module                  Size  Used by
twofish                41600  0
serpent                21760  0
aes                    31016  0
blowfish               12096  0
des                    13632  0
sha256                 10880  0
sha1                    8704  0
crypto_null             3616  0
xfrm_user              19684  0
ipcomp                  9216  0
esp4                   11744  0
ah4                     9664  0
md                     56756  0

Any idea how to get openswan to use/recognize aes256 ??

Thanks,
Brendan.