[Openswan Users] ike and esp proposals

Matthias Haas mh at pompase.net
Wed Jan 4 17:06:42 CET 2006

Hello,
I am currently testing around with the current snapshot. I also wanted to
test he proposals that can now be defined for phase 1 and 2. Is it correct,
that you can define the propsal only if you are the initiator of an
connection?
As soon as your are recepient of a connection requests your propsal settings
do not have any influence on the connection. My thougt was that it would be
great to get connection not established if you define the propsal i.e. to use
aes but the other side is only capable of 3des. This could be related to
security concerns about 3des.

Kind regards
Matthias