[Openswan Users] Tunnel Nated traffic Explanation

teddy B boustany_t at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 3 06:30:18 CET 2006

Hi all,
A week ago I posted a question regarding tunneling Nated traffic in ipsec.
I had some replies that it doesn’t work and after several tests I am
convinced it doesn’t work to do NAT and the ipsec tunnel on the same box.
But my question is: does anyone have a technical explanation why it doesn’t
work? Or can I find it somewhere? Having the ipsec packet processing in
tunnel mode will help a lot but I couldn’t find it anywhere.
Thx for any help