[Openswan Users] KLIPS Module problem ?

Paul Overton paul at trusted-management.com
Mon Jan 2 13:19:36 CET 2006

Hi,

I normally use KLIPS with kernel 2.6.xx and compile KLIPS seperatly as a
module, however, when I patch the kernel with the KLIPS and attempt to
compile it as a module I get the following error with depmod:

if [ -r System.map -a -x /sbin/depmod ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map
2.6.14; fi
WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.14/kernel/net/ipsec/ipsec.ko needs unknown symbol
des_ede3_cbc_encrypt
WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.14/kernel/net/ipsec/ipsec.ko needs unknown symbol
ipsec_3des_init
WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.14/kernel/net/ipsec/ipsec.ko needs unknown symbol
des_check_key
WARNING: /lib/modules/2.6.14/kernel/net/ipsec/ipsec.ko needs unknown symbol
ipsec_aes_init

Have I left something out or is this a problem?

I also note that when using an SMP kernel the system locks when attempting
to start the ipsec process, it seems that this is a known problem, but is
there a workaround ? (without having to loosw processing capability).

The system is a Slackware 10.1 with Openswan 2.4.5rc1 Machine is a compaq
DL360 (V1) fitted with two 1GHz pentium III processors. Kernel is 2.6.14
compiled from source.

Regards and a Happy new year to all.

--
Paul Overton