[Openswan Users] routing vpn traffic

Michael Tinsay tinsami1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 06:33:01 CET 2006

Hi All,

It's my first time to setup openswan using a 2.6 linux
kernel (netkey).  I understand that there is no more
ipsec0 interface.  My question is: How do I route vpn
traffic properly?  In a 2.4 kernel, lan (eth0) to
internet (eth1) is nat'ed/masqueraded and lan to vpn
(ipsec0) is routed.  How do I achieve the same thing
in a 2.6 kernel when all I can see are eth0 and eth1?
How do I distinguish between a normal Internet traffic
(for NAT'ing) and IPsec traffice (for routing through
a tunnel)?

Thanks in advance.

--- mike t.