[Openswan Users] OpenSwan 1.x -> OpenSwan 2.x migration

Stephen Jones hivemynd at hivemynd.net
Mon Feb 27 17:18:39 CET 2006

Hello List,

I have searched far and wide (google), openswan wiki, etc. using every
permutation and combination of "migration" and "openswan 1" and
"openswan 2" that I could think of, and nothing regarding migration
strategies for a move from openswan 1.x to openswan 2.x came up
(specifically for a 2.4.x kernel environment, but also interested in
2.6.x kernel environments).  With the recent EOL announcement for
openswan 1.x, I'm guessing migration questions will begin to pop up more
frequently.

(a) Is there already a posted "HowTo" for this scenario out there that I
just couldn't find?

(b) Is this scenario covered in the recently published "Building and
Integrating Virtual Private Networks with Openswan" book?

Thank you for your time and consideration!

SJ