[Openswan Users] OpenS/WAN and SonicWALL SonicOS/Enh.

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Tue Feb 21 23:08:55 CET 2006

Hi All,

I have set up a connection between a laptop running Ubuntu with OpenS/WAN
and a SonicWALL running SonicOS/Enh. as described in both the Wiki and the
SonicWALL PDF.

When I do 'ipsec whack --name group --initiate --xauthname XXXXXX
-xauthpass XXXXX' it builds up the session just fine, and the session and
name show up correctly in the SNWL GUI.

However when I ping anything on the SNWL LAN, I do not get any reply
unless I ping the SNWL LAN IP address.

TCPDUMPing the connection shows that the pings cause ESP data to be sent
to the SNWL.
When I ping the SNWL LAN IP, I see a return ESP packet *and* a cleartext
PING reply!!!
When I ping any other LAN IP, I do not see any replies...

Before I post configfiles, etc, is there anything I should (could) check
on either side?

TIA & BRgds

--
Francesco Peeters