[Openswan Users] random l2tp/pppd failure

Ben Willmore bwillmore at berkeley.edu
Sun Feb 19 12:02:53 CET 2006

On 2/19/06, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Agent Smith wrote:
>
> > I had the same problem, I ended up writting a stupid
> > script that kills the PPP process if the IP is not
> > detected in ipsec eroute

Yeah, I'd be delighted to have a fix like this if we could come up
with one that was sure to work.

> Also for you, did you try "xl2tpd" from Xelerance (or the Fedora
> Extra "l2tpd")?

The problems I was reporting were with the ubuntu/debian standard
0.70-pre20031121-2.  Yesterday I applied all of Jacco's patches that
still apply (using l2tpd-pty.patch2 not l2tpd-pty.patch).  I don't yet
know whether that makes any difference.

I did try xl2tpd but unfortunately it wouldn't speak to my pppd
(2.4.2+20040428-6ubuntu1) -- I got errors about stdin not a tty, iirc.
 I'd happily try it again if I could get rid of those.

Ben