[Openswan Users] Re: XFRM_STATE_NOPMTUDISC, was : MTU/DF problem with 2.6

Beschorner Daniel Daniel.Beschorner at facton.com
Thu Feb 16 12:06:38 CET 2006

>I'd rather not have it unconditionally disabled in Openswan.  Could
>you make this a per-connection flag instead?

Btw, could you give me a clue about the benefits of pmtud of this esp
packets?

Neither the esp layer seems to honour it and keeps sending with its origin
mtu (interface mtu - esp overhead) nor the original sender ever gets
propagated a lower mtu (I assume because it is tricky to return the original
packet header needed for the dest unreachable msg).
At least at 2.6.15 only a message ("pmtu discovery on SA ESP...") is thrown
by the kernel.

Daniel