[Openswan Users] cannot install eroute ?

Brian Hoover brianh at vidar.com
Wed Feb 15 12:17:02 CET 2006

Hello,

With Jacco's, Nate's, Paul,s and others help I have this configuration
working:

WinXP/2K -- nat router -- INET -- Openswan/VPN -- DMZ -- Openswan/VPN --
corporate lan

The outer VPN Gateway is FC4-2.6.14 klips kernel, openswan-2.4.5rc4
(compiled).
The inner VPN Gateway is FC4-2.6.14 klips kernel,
openswan-2.4.4-1.0.FC4.1 from RHN

The problem is created when the M$ box drops the connection uncleanly,
the inner VPN gateway does not drop the route from the outer VPN.  If a
different client connects and is given the address of the
previous-dropped client by the outer VPN she cannot establish a
connection to the inner VPN with the error:

"L2TP-CERT"[7] 10.250.0.242 #24: cannot install eroute -- it is in use
for "L2TP-CERT"[6] 10.250.0.242 #22

Is there a configuration change I can make other than a single VPN
gateway between the Internet and the LAN to prevent this?

Thanks,

Brian Hoover