[Openswan Users] Possible RoadWarrior/static ip setup help...

Jeff.Williams at zootweb.com Jeff.Williams at zootweb.com
Mon Feb 13 16:56:02 CET 2006

I truly apologize if this has been covered, I just can't seem to find any
examples that are quite what I'm looking for, and I'm a extremely new to
the openswan project.

I have a linux box that I want to connect to essentially a cisco vpn
concentrator.  I was thinking along the lines of having the eth0 interface
of the linux box be a 192.168.0.1 address as it's peer address.  The cisco
concentrator's peer would be 192.168.0.1.

The "leftsubnet" is where I'm having problems.  On the linux box I'm
trying to have it act as if it is a "road warrior" where it's
source/destination address space is a static ip address.  I am trying to
use the ip address of 192.168.200.1 as the left subnet and then assigning
the 192.168.200.1 address to the local interface.  This way none of my
unencrypted traffic is on the network, and hopefully can only go across
the encrypted link.

As for the "right subnet", it will be the rest of the network, so all
addresses...  I'm hoping to then have two way traffic but the data is
always encrypted to the linux box from the concentrator.

I've gotten this to work using the "Cisco Easy VPN client" but I hate it
and it only works as a DHCP client in which the concentrator assigns the
ip address and I would like to have a static configuration.

Hopefully this isn't too confusing, but any assistance would be greatly
appreciated...

-Jeff