[Openswan Users]

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Sun Feb 12 03:49:05 CET 2006

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Gavin Henry wrote:

> What's the best way to start? Try different configs and see what errors
> come back?

Well, configure things properly is the best way to start :)
In general, try to stick to good defaults. 3DES or AES, Main Mode,
DH group 2 or 5 (modp1024/modp1524). Disable IPsec passthrough, disable
1DES, disable any keep alive options until you have a working connection.

> It's a Billion 7560. We have the manual, but it's not that great for
> detailed info.

I have never used or heard about them.

> We are just waiting for the Openswan book, so hopefully that has some good
> bits on hardware VPN servers etc.

It explains the issues with some hardware vendors, and explains a few common
issues with certain brands, so it should give you a good general background
to handle devices that aren't explicitely talked about (which is the case for
you, since I've never heard of this brand before)