[Openswan Users] Re: Please help me to identify problem...

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Wed Feb 8 15:38:50 CET 2006

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, utkarsh shah wrote:

>     I was testing openswan 2.4.5rc4 with linux 2.6.15 kernel version but in
> that case i had oops while removing the ipsec module. I checked the bug list
> reported on openswan and found that it has already been confirmed. I was
> waiting for final release of 2.4.5 so that the reported bugs were resolved.
> can u please tell me when is the expected release of 2.4.5 or else which
> version can i use with 2.6.15 kernel..

There is no ETA on that fix. It is extremely hard because on 2.6, modules
no longer keep their own ref count, and unloading "should not be done". We
don't agree with thatphilosophy, but we cannot change it in the linux kernel.
We don't know why it crashes on unload. It won't be fixed in 2.4.5 unless
someone else gives us a fix/workaround for it.