[Openswan Users] How to change KLIPS interface mapping dynamicly without breaking using VPN connection

Chen Lintao chenlt at icevpn.org
Wed Feb 8 10:49:06 CET 2006

Hello World:

         I have two WAN connections ,

         eth1  --  FIXEDIP

         eth2  --  PPPOE ( dynamic IP  and interfaces ppp0 , ppp1 ..)

when eth2 PPPOE up , I can use certain conf below

config setup

        interfaces="ipsec0=eth1 ipsec1=ppp0"

My Question is :

When eth2  reconnected , and  eth2 bounded  interface changed -->  ppp1  (
not ppp0 before )

how could I change  ipsec1 --> ppp1 without  modifying ipsec.conf again and
" ipsec setup restart"

Because I have established VPN connections at ipsec0(eth1) and don't want to
break it .