[Openswan Users] Linking gateway to remote subnet

David Williams davidjw at calypso-it.co.uk
Sat Feb 4 22:21:44 CET 2006

Hello all

I have a gentoo linux gateway (kernel 2.6.15) running openswan 2.4 and
connecting to a Zxyel 652 router. Computers in each subnet can see each
other and computers on the Zyxel subnet can see the internal interface
of the gateway.

Is there any way I can see the configure Openswan so that I can see the
remote subnet from the gateway itself? I want to connect to certain in
the remote subnet from the gateway.

Zyxel End

Subnet: 192.168.52.0/24
Zyxel internal IP address: 192.168.52.201
Internet IP: 1.2.3.4

Openswan End

Subnet 192.168.53.0/24
Openswan internal IP address 192.168.53.253
Internet IP: 6.7.8.9

Clearly the Internet IP addresses have been altered to protect the innocent!

conn remote
    type=tunnel
    left subnet=192.168.53.0/24
    left=6.7.8.9