[Openswan Users] roadwarrior virtual ip

Marco Berizzi pupilla at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 11:34:20 CET 2006

Paul Wouters wrote:

>On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Marco Berizzi wrote:
>
> > I would like to have any feedback about
> > roadwarrior with virtual ip. This is my
> > "must list": swan gateway is linux 2.6
> > (no klips), roadwarriors are windows 2K
> > and XP and NAT-T support (a roadwarrior
> > may connect from a private network).
> > After some search I have sadly dropped
> > DHCP-over-IPsec because there is no
> > windows product. What about ike-mode-cfg?
> > Other idea?
>
>staticly assigned virtual IP's with lsipsectool on windows
>or l2tpd.

Thanks Paul. I have tried the lsipsectool.
This is my environment:

windows XP ip=10.1.2.1---swan box ip=10.1.2.10--172.30.1.0/24

On the Linsys "IPsec Profiles" tab, I have
modified then "Local Address/Network Mask"
to 172.31.254.55/255.255.255.255 (the
virtual ip address), but then linsys will
not even try to talk to swan. Am I missing
anything?