[Openswan Users] Re-4: Upgrade question

Ludovic MARCILLY lmarcilly at aressi.fr
Thu Dec 21 08:28:57 EST 2006

> > So, i just want to know ont thing and perhaps you can help me. I've got a
> > script to compile openswan and kernel width v1.0.7 of openswan.
>
> openswan-1 is no longer supported, it is End Of Life. You should use 1.0.10
> if anything, and even that has some risks.

yes i know, i want to upgrade to version 2.4.7

> > I have already try applying the klips patch before kernel compilation. I
> > have some options but not for example blowfish algorithm. And when i try to
> > run ipsec, it return errors like "ipsec_setup: /usr/libexec/ipsec/
> > klipsdebug: Trouble opening PF_KEY family socket with error: Algorithm
> > support not available in the kernel. Please compile in support."
> > Do you have any idea about this problem?
>
> openswan-1 cannot use all ciphers/algos. Only 3des/aes is guaranteed to
> work
> for IKE and ESP.

So this error message is typical of openswan v1 and it looks like that my upgrade had fail... Am i right? How can i be sure that all components of openswan are from version 2.4.7 ? Is there a method to verify that? Or should i delete all components of openswan v1 before by checking list of file in install part of the makefile?

Thanks again for your help.
ludovic.

To: paul at xelerance.com
Cc: users at lists.openswan.org