[Openswan Users] L2TP/IPSec with straight IPsec in the same server

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Dec 15 04:07:51 EST 2006

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Gbenga wrote:

> What I would like to know is whether it is possible to run the two connects ( transport & tunnel together). I noticed that openswan will not work with both set to %any. Is there a configuration work around? For the tunnel mode I am testing with evaluation version of Greenbow - mostly windows clients.

It should be possible, but try to give the tunnel one a specific (different) ID.

> Secondly, I have many other networks hanging off the router. At work, these are all reachable but via the l2tp/vpn, they are not. Is there is away to set routing to go out via the ipsec link when people are using the l2tp?

Make sure routing works from your range to the l2tp ip pool. eg if the l2tp server si
not your default gateway, you might need to set a few host routes on your internal
network.

[diagram]

I dont understand how you can have two 10.10.*.* networks around?