[Openswan Users] Enabling Manually keyed IPSEC

Gangadharan G - TLS,Chennai gangadharang at hcl.in
Fri Dec 8 01:14:46 EST 2006

Hi Paul,

Operating System       : Fedora Core 4
Linux Kernel version  : 2.6

>From the output of command "service ipsec start" and "ipsec verify", It
seems that we are using NETKEY only.
Still, We are having the problem "no IPsec-enabled interfaces found".
For more details about the entries that we have had added in the ipsec.conf,
I am attaching my first mail.

[root at localhost gganga]# service ipsec start
ipsec_setup: Starting Openswan IPsec 2.4.4...
ipsec_setup: insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11-1.1369_FC4/kernel/net/key/af_key.ko
ipsec_setup: insmod
/lib/modules/2.6.11-1.1369_FC4/kernel/net/ipv4/xfrm4_tunnel.ko

[root at localhost gganga]# ipsec verify
Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path                                 [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.4.4/K2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 (netkey)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel                            [OK]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)               [OK]
Checking that pluto is running                                  [OK]
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding            [FAILED]
Checking for 'ip' command                                       [OK]
Checking for 'iptables' command                                 [OK]
Checking for 'setkey' command for NETKEY IPsec stack support    [OK]
Opportunistic Encryption Support                                [DISABLED]

Thanks,
Gangadharan.