[Openswan Users] L2TP/IPSEC Widnows Mobile 5.0

Giovani Moda - MR Informática giovani at mrinformatica.com.br
Thu Aug 31 11:37:04 EDT 2006

> What happens between 09:42:40 and 09:43:16? Are there any log messages?
> Apparently the client disconnects for some reason.

Nothing at all. I'll enable debugging for pppd and freeradius and see if I
can get something. I'm just waiting for my AP to come back, since someone
hijacked it from my station... =)

> Things to keep in mind is that Windows Mobile requires MS-CHAP(v2)
> and there may be (fragmentation) problems with large certificates.

I allow only MS-CHAP-v2 in freeradius and pppd. No other is allowed. I never
quite got it right: by large you mean the size or the hash of the
certificate?

> In the RADIUS server? But after the client's authentication the RADIUS
> server is not contacted again, is it? If it is a RADIUS problem,

I'm not sure. All I know is that in early days I got the "rc_avpair_new:
unknown attribute" error because of a missing microsoft dictionary in
radiusclient. I'm not sure it's related though. It only uses radius to
authenticate againt a samba PDC. Radius also provides the ip for the client.

> what if you test with a static IP and a fixed password for that
> client?

Hum, maybe. I'll try it out.

Tks!

Giovani