[Openswan Users] Odd behavior Linux Client to working 'roadwarrior' server

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Fri Aug 25 15:30:40 EDT 2006

Jacco de Leeuw wrote:
> Rick Romero wrote:
>
>> Aug 25 12:26:17 localhost pluto[3645]: ERROR: asynchronous network
>> error report on eth0 (sport=4500) for message to 24.164.254.185 port
>> 4500, complainant 64.198.2.71: No route to host [errno 113, origin
>> ICMP type 3 code 1 (not authenticated)]
>
> Could you try adding a leftnexthop=<IPofyourgateway> ?
>
> Jacco
The client is XP, so I assume you mean the vpn server (I know I replied
to a solution for a different issue)
I did that, under the 'roadwarrior' setup:  (Nate Carlsons config)
conn roadwarrior
       left=%defaultroute
       leftnexthop=64.198.2.78
       leftcert=vpn.pem
       right=%any
       rightsubnet=vhost:%no,%priv
       auto=add
       pfs=yes

I get the same error.

I also noticed that I can't connect from XP on the same subnet as the
VPN machine, where my XP IP is 64.198.2.77, and the VPN machine is
64.198.2.71.   Is that right too?   I'm totally second-guessing myself
now, I ran tcpdump on the gateway, and I don't even see any packets from
XP on that subnet (if I say type=auto, instead of l2tp on XP I do see
the pptp attempt).  I have to call someone at home to test it for me...

Rick