[Openswan Users] DH2 with no PFS in Phase 2

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Wed Aug 23 09:37:45 EDT 2006

> How do I define in ipsec.conf to use Diffie Hellman Key Group 2 (1024
> bit) in the first phase and no PFS in the second phase.

Very simply:
ipsec.conf:
conn your-conn-name
    # note specifing the whole line below allows all options specified but prefers the first
    # you can simply it by only specifing one of the comma separated options
    # DH Group 5 (1536) is also supported in the same way, and is a better choice if both sides support
    ike=aes128-sha1-modp1024,aes128-md5-modp1024,3des-sha1-modp1024,3des-md5-modp1024
    pfs=no # note if both sides support pfs, it's better to have it on

Peter McGill
Software Developer / Network Administrator
Gra Ham Energy Limited