[Openswan Users] xp2openswan [tutorial]

Tomasz Grzelak tgrzelak at wktpolska.com.pl
Tue Aug 22 06:50:26 EDT 2006

Hi All!

I can see many people have problems with configuring Openswan as the vpn
server for roadwarriors. I wrote a simple tutorial with all steps
required to configure it. I also had lots of problems, but was able to
fix them. Maybe some people will find this howto helpful in solving theirs.

Many tutorials on the web cover only a part of required steps, or lack
of troubleshooting, or just are too difficult for newbies.

I tried to gather all required steps of the configuration process, and
describe them shortly, with simple examples.

I do not cover topics related to routing, and windows clients. I only
want to show, how to configure Openswan to accept connections from
roadwarriors. The rest is at your hands.

You can read the very first version of the tutorial at:

http://www.wktpolska.com.pl/~tgrzelak/openswan/xp

Regards,
Tomasz Grzelak