[Openswan Users] RE: DPD

Shi Lang shilang at greenpacket.com
Thu Aug 10 05:04:45 EDT 2006

Hi Paul,

Both sites, I set auto=start, dpdaction I set both = clear or hold before,
none of them works when I unplug the cable and wait for the timeout 120s, I
re-plugin, won't be re-established.

dpdaction=restart I did not try it, you mean for unplug cable case I need to
use the restart for dpdaction? In which situation restart is needed to be
used? Thanks

########################
I found a typo mistake in README.DPD file (openswan-2.4.6): (
The original:
DPD support is tuneable on a per connection basis, using the dpdaction,
dpddelay and dpdaction directives.  See also the ipsec.conf man page for
more information.

There are two dpdaction there, should be dydaction, dpddelay and dpdtimeout.

Thanks
Regards,
Shi Lang