[Openswan Users] ip route and openswan

ipsec ipsec at 4bridgeworks.com
Thu Aug 3 04:15:00 EDT 2006

When I start openswan the following ip route is created

10.3.0.0/24 via xxx.www.yyy.zzz dev eth0

This routes perfectly between the two networks, however it will not route
between the two hosts over the same tunnel, to do this I have to delete the
above route and then use the following command

ip route add 10.3.0.0/24 via 80.229.92.113 dev eth0 src 10.0.0.1

To get a final ip route of

10.3.0.0/24 via xxx.www.yyy.zzz dev eth0  src 10.0.0.1

is there a way to get openswan to add the src 10.0.0.1 (gateway local ip) to
the above line automatically, even if I have to enter 10.0.0.1 in a
configuration file somewhere as there could be multiple interfaces/ips on
the machine.

I know I can route between the two host by creating extra tunnels in my
configuration, however I do not wish to have more than one tunnel, or have
an ipsec connection between the external ip addresses, and everything I need
can be achieved over one tunnel if only the ip route line is correct.

Thanks in advance