[Openswan Users] Recomendations for VPN gateway

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Fri Apr 28 08:48:12 CEST 2006

On Thursday, April 27, 2006 Henrik wrote:
<SNIP>

Now i could use some advice on a choosing a distro, that complements my
needs and makes it "easy" to implement, without a lot of trouble with
incompatiple versions of various packages.

What would you guys/gals recomend ?

[Trevor Benson:]

Personally I go with CentOS, the very well produced and free version of
RedHat enterprise.  Its very close to fedora for usability, although (I
think) there are less updates and changes due to the enterprise nature.
Although you do end up rebuilding kernels to get more recent ones, and
for that I just drop on the fedora's anyway.  I guess depends if you
want 100% package management, or if you don't mind having to build some
pieces.

Although I am not sure if any of the distro's are patching for openswan
by default, so you may have to build some parts anyways.

Trevor