[Openswan Users] Natted L2TP client fails

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Thu Apr 27 10:06:02 CEST 2006

On Wednesday, April 26, 2006 Arun wrote:
<SNIP>
>  The actual reason for the failure of Natted L2TP client connection
is,
> "also=" doesn't seem to work properly on v2.4.5. The connection
specified
> with "also=" didn't get added to the IPsec connections stack (which
was
> verified by using "ipsec auto --status"). By removing that "also=" and
by
> re-writing the parameters, it worked :)

 Are you sure you didn't make the same mistake I was by glossing over
the man page and missing the portion on how also= works?  That is
exactly what happens when you mix up the order, it wont add.  Have you
tried a manual ipsec auto --up $sitename?  My bet is you will see an
error that the site in the also= line is not a valid connection.

Trevor