[Openswan Users] openswan: Perl compile problem

karthik.ramanathan at wipro.com karthik.ramanathan at wipro.com
Thu Apr 27 15:59:48 CEST 2006

Hi,

 We are implementing IPsec in Snapgear linux using openswan.But the
ipsec verify command is in perl script so we enabled perl in make
menuconfig and we got the following error.
make[2]: Entering directory
> `/root/SnapGear/snapgear3.1.1_AL1.4/user/perl'
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `<built-in>', needed by
> `miniperlmain.o'.  Stop.
> make[2]: Leaving directory
`/root/SnapGear/snapgear3.1.1_AL1.4/user/perl'
> make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/SnapGear/snapgear3.1.1_AL1.4/user'
> make: *** [subdirs] Error 1

 I think i have the solved that error by giving this command in
user/perl directory.
perl -ni~ -we 'print unless /: </' x2p/makefile makefile
But now i am getting another error of the same kind.
  /bin/sh: line 1: ./perl: cannot execute binary file
make[3]: [minitest] Error 126 (ignored)
make[3]: Leaving directory `/disk2/ipsec/test/snapgear/user/perl'
make[2]: [extra.pods] Error 1 (ignored)
./miniperl configpm configpm.tmp
./miniperl: ./miniperl: cannot execute binary file
make[2]: *** [lib/Config.pm] Error 126
make[2]: Leaving directory `/disk2/ipsec/test/snapgear/user/perl'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/disk2/ipsec/test/snapgear/user'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 1
Please tell us how to solve the error and proceed further .

Thanks and Regards
Karthik

www.wipro.com