[Openswan Users] ipsec verify on openswan 2.4.5

Gbenga stjames08 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 26 02:15:57 CEST 2006

Trevor,

You kernel compiled ok and should be working fine. According to Paul:

"This check is most certainly wrong. The code for creating the proc file
by the nat-t patch seems to be missing from the 2.4 branch. So ignore this
error for now."

I thought I have the same problem, see: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.openswan.user/8595

If you run netsstat -rn, yo should see openswan listening on 4500, the port for natt.

Rgds,
Gbenga

 <!--  /* Style Definitions */  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal  {margin:0in;  margin-bottom:.0001pt;  font-size:12.0pt;  font-family:"Times New Roman";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink  {color:blue;  text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed  {color:purple;  text-decoration:underline;} span.EmailStyle17  {mso-style-type:personal-compose;  font-family:Arial;  color:windowtext;} @page Section1  {size:8.5in 11.0in;  margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;} div.Section1  {page:Section1;} -->       Is it possible that the ipsec verify on a 2.6.15.10 kernel might not report the nat traversal properly?  I have rebuilt the kernel a few times, and verified the .config file has the CONFIG_IPSEC_NAT_TRAVERSAL=y.  But each time I install it and reboot and run ipsec verify it just repots back:

  KLIPS detected, checking for NAT Traversal support              [FAILED]

  I suppose I could have messed up the build, but this is the 3rd run through it.  And logs from the first build showed:

  Apr 24 12:33:16 office1 pluto[5070]: | NAT-T: new mapping 64.142.7.188:500/4500)

  Although nat_traversal=yes is set in the ipsec.conf file.  So not sure if it would post that even if kernel support was not there.

  Just want to double check before banging my head away on this kernel some more.

  Trevor

Users at openswan.org
Building and Integrating Virtual Private Networks with Openswan: