[Openswan Users] ipsec verify on openswan 2.4.5

Trevor Benson tbenson at a-1networks.com
Tue Apr 25 15:47:56 CEST 2006

Is it possible that the ipsec verify on a 2.6.15.10 kernel might not
report the nat traversal properly?  I have rebuilt the kernel a few
times, and verified the .config file has the
CONFIG_IPSEC_NAT_TRAVERSAL=y.  But each time I install it and reboot and
run ipsec verify it just repots back:

KLIPS detected, checking for NAT Traversal support              [FAILED]

I suppose I could have messed up the build, but this is the 3rd run
through it.  And logs from the first build showed:

Apr 24 12:33:16 office1 pluto[5070]: | NAT-T: new mapping
64.142.7.188:500/4500)

Although nat_traversal=yes is set in the ipsec.conf file.  So not sure
if it would post that even if kernel support was not there.

Just want to double check before banging my head away on this kernel
some more.

Trevor