[Openswan Users] Creating Win XP vpn connection

peters at exemplar-associates.com peters at exemplar-associates.com
Tue Apr 25 09:55:40 CEST 2006

>=20
> Message: 5
> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:37:39 +0200
> From: MarekGre?ko<gresko=40thr.sk>
> Subject: Re: =5BOpenswan Users=5D Creating Win XP vpn connection
> To: users=40openswan.org
>=20
> D=C5=88a =C5=A0t 20. Apr=C3=ADl 2006 15:58 John Riley nap=C3=ADsal:
> > Just out of curiousity, which OpenSwan version are you using?  I had
> > some problems with the ipsec.exe client and rekeying with the version I
> > was using originally (2.3.1), and this was not showing up when the
> > clients were connected by LAN to the server for testing.  I upgraded
> > OpenSwan and changed to lsipsectool and the tunnels are more stable.

I'm not sure if that was aimed at me.

I have Linux Openswan U2.4.0. I had been using the ipsec.exe but was
advised to use the Linsys version. This crashes unless it is run as
the admin user. In desperation I also tried the M=24 client
and using that I can see some progress in the servers auth.log

Peter