[Openswan Users] Creating Win XP vpn connection

MarekGreško gresko at thr.sk
Thu Apr 20 11:07:40 CEST 2006

Dňa St 19. Apríl 2006 20:39 John Riley napísal:
> >I am not sure how reliable ipsec.exe is on the latest Windows platforms,
> >such as Windows2003 and Windows XPSP2.
>
> For what it's worth, I tried ipsec.exe on XP SP2 clients connecting to
> OpenSwan, and the clients continually rekeyed; switching to the
> lsipsectool fixed the problem.  I also liked the fact that that the
> lsipsectool provides a userland GUI so non-admin XP users can bring the
> tunnel up/down (I could not get that to work with ipsec.exe - had to be
> admin to start/stop the tunnel).

I use the ipsec.exe successfully on XP SP2 clients to openswan servers. I set
up a service which users can stop and start and which starts and stops ipsec.
I am very satisfied, because I was able to write a batch file, by which I can
prevent user to run ipsec.exe when he is connected directly to the network. I
was excepting troubles when he run ipsec.exe when connected directly to the
network. Is this also possible with lsipsectool? I am not familiar with it.

Thanks.

--
Marek Greško