[Openswan Users] OpenSwan Configuration for Manual Keys

Jay Potter jpotter at science.edu
Fri Apr 14 21:36:45 CEST 2006

Brian,

This is a very new release from windows xp professional with service
pack 2 installed (marked 2002). (We just got the MSDN subscription from
Microsoft and this version was included - we did not have to install
service pack 2 seperately)  When we run the MMC it allows us the choice
of either 3des or des /  sha1 or md5.

I noticed that when I turned off the IPSec on the XP, the Linux box
accepted packes from the XP even though I had that address filtered.
It's almost like IPSec isn't running.  At the same time, any machine
that sends an authentication request (ipsec running) even if it is on a
different address responds that it is authenticating (on a ping).

Jay