[Openswan Users] Openswan stress test

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Apr 13 18:38:21 CEST 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006, Xunhua Wang wrote:

> Has anybody done a stress test on Openswan before? For example, how many
> Windows XP VPN Clients can an Openswan server handle simultaneously?

Tests a few years ago with some special ipsec hardware testing showed thousands
of tunnels without problems. Some Fortune500 companies run large installations,
but we don't have their specs on size, we just know it is quite a large installation.

> Are there any scripts available for this purpose?

No. Usually ipsec tests are done with special hardware you rent.